A Distance Learning Plan at organizing the process and resources needed to effectively deliver lessons to our students from R-Y13, with varying needs and abilities.
This document is an outline of our plan to ensure that the students of KSIB are learning at home, using dynamic and relevant activities, as they would in class, at school. We have worked to organize and prepare this process across all of our three programs and established unique processes for each.
The Distance Learning Plan is designed to address the following scenario:
- Asynchronous learning to ensure the opportunity to learn for all students at any time;
- Synchronous engagements to support learning and socio-emotional well-being of students through real-time engagements;
- Limited and / or variable online access to technology and internet for some students;
- Extended flexible timeline for Distance Learning delivery (at least, if not more than two weeks);
- A commitment to monitoring and improvement of this plan and the student experience during the time of its implementation.
This Distance Learning Plan will define the following:
- Implementation Procedure to conduct school remotely until resumption of normal operations;
- Details the Expectations required of both teachers and families for the successful continuation of student learning and family communication; and,
- Divisional Plans that address developmentally appropriate and meaningful student learning experiences.
Our Online Platforms support both Distance Learning and faculty / student / family collaboration to ensure a quality student learning experience when planning and delivering remotely:
- KSIB email, Managebac, Google Hangouts Meeting (whole class or group Hangouts Meetings our individual Meetings) and Google Classroom are the communication tools used to contact and communicate with KSIB students
- Google Hangouts Meeting and Google Suite (e.g., email, shared docs, etc) are faculty online collaboration platforms for remote instructional planning.
- Google Hangouts or Skype for parents school.
For more information, visit our Online Learning Information Hub.
Taking into account that this transition to online learning has generated multiple questions, we put together a list of responses to answer some of the Frequently Asked Questions.
For families interested in the school, we are offering a virtual tour and admission process.
To schedule a virtual appointment with the Admissions office, please click here.