KSI Bogotá is proud to be an IB World School offering the International Baccalaureate
At KSI Bogotá we strive to provide all our learners, aged 4-18 with a balanced, relevant, engaging and differentiated education to ensure the success of all our students.
We support the development of independent lifelong learners and our inquiry-based approach to teaching and learning, promotes the development of critical-thinking skills. Our holistic approach to education encourages international mindedness, allowing students to graduate as global citizens and lifelong learners.
We offer a fully bilingual program in English and Spanish that complies with the Colombian Ministry of Education requirements.
The International Baccalaureate (IB)
Students follow The International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP) and the Diploma Programme (IBDP).
The IB philosophy of education is unique for the following reasons:
- Develops strong academic, social and emotional characteristics
- Encourages students of all ages to think critically and challenge assumptions
- Developed independently of government and national systems, incorporating quality practice from research and our global community of schools
- Encourages students of all ages to consider both local and global contexts
- Develops multilingual students
- Challenges students to drive their own learning
- Allows students to engage with people in an increasingly globalized, rapidly changing world
Students in the middle years follow the Colombian curriculum, a framework of learning which encourages students to establish practical connections between their studies and the real world, with a focus around the personal, social and academic needs of the child.
We have a highly regarded online and blended learning programme which is being offered during the pandemic to ensure students continue to receive the best education possible. Details on our Blended Learning programme can be found here.
KSI Bogota was awarded an ICFES Ranking of A+, the highest grade awarded by ICFES. Our focus on academics and looking at the social and emotional wellbeing of a child have led to our students surpassing the worldwide average.
The School follows Calendar B, with the school year beginning in August/ September and ending in June.